Cats Cystitis natural treatments for feline cystitis. It is a generic term to identify the inflammation of the bladder. Cystitis in cats falls into the category of FLUTD (Feline Low Urinary Tract Disease);it is a condition that can occur due to a bacterial infection, the formation of bladder stones, genetic predisposition, idiopathic causes.
Cats Cystitis natural treatments for feline cystitis – Cats Cystitis
Most of the infections detected in cats, before the age of 10 years old,are:
- Iatrogenic, namely caused by the abuse of excessive drugs
- Secondary to a neoplasia, to a congenital defect or catheterization
The symptoms are variable and depend on the triggeringcause:
- Blood in the urine
- Painful urination
- Frequent urination with emission of small amounts of urine, urinating in unusual places
- Urinating outside the cat litter tray
- Loss of appetite
Bacterial infections that carry blood in the urine and urinating difficultyrepresent ONLY 2% of cystitis
Before initiatingan antibiotics therapy it is recommended to undergo a complete urinalysis with sediment and antibiogram
- Stones rubbingagainst the walls of the bladder account for about 12% of the cystitis
- Bladder neoplasms represent about 5%
- The idiopathic cystitis UNFORTUNATELY represents about 70%
- Bacterial infections about 2%
Since the idiopathic cystitis, i.e.from unknown origin, represents the highest percentage we will give greater attention to the Feline Idiopathic Cystitis, called by its acronym FIC
Homeopathic medicine UTI-Free™ for bladder and urinary tract irritations + Herbal supplement Kidney Support™ for kidney and urinary tract health + Herbal supplement Immunity and Liver Support™ for immune system and liver functioning
Causes of the Idiopathic cystitis in cats:
- An alteration of the urothelium, and in particular of the glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) layer
- Viral infections
- Immune dysfunctions
Cranberry D-Mannose™ Urinary Tract Support is a natural addition to your dog’s or cat’s diet that contains ingredients to support a healthy urinary tract. Cranberry D-Mannose helps to support and maintain the normal function of the urinary tract in both dogs and cats.
Cranadin Urinary Tract Support uses cranberry extract to supply your dog with important compounds that support urinary tract health. #Cranberry extract contains proanthocyanidins (PACs) that work to prevent bacteria from adhering to the lining along the wall of your pet’s bladder; this allows the bacteria to be flushed out by your pet’s system naturally
Cats Cystitis – In allopathy, the following treatments are often used
They have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, unfortunately they also cause lethargy and sleepiness, the cat becomes apathetic and oneobservesa decrease in grooming, the cat begins to gain weight.
Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Particular attention must be given to the state of hydration and renal function of the cat, detrimentalfor the gastric mucosa.
Do not solve the relapses and therefore are not recommended, besidesthey should not be administeredalongsidewith theNSAIDs.
What can we do to help our cat?
Cats with FIC living under stress, have altered the permeability of the bladder compared to cats livingtranquilly, studies have shown an increase in plasma norepinephrine in cats with idiopathic cystitis.
Anxiety and stress alter the bacterial flora, inhibit gastric emptying and are responsible for numerous diseases!
Very often cats who develop cystitis have an altered bacterial flora from a poor diet, the situation gets more complicated if long antibiotic therapies have been administered to the cat.
In cats,the bacterial flora is restored after 6 months!
CONSTANT WATER INTAKE
The primarytherapy, that will help our cat, is the most simple, obvious and economic
It is just WATER INTAKE!
If you are the lucky owners of cats, who do not drink even with temperatures exceeding 40 degrees °C, during the day you have to administer them water syringes (without a needle). Do not underestimate this advice
Cat Cystitis natural remedies i. In this article we will list the natural remedies to help the cat during the acute or chronic phase of cystitis : homeopathy, nutraceuitici, herbal medicine, gem therapy to help the cat in the inflammatory phase
Cats Cystitis natural treatments for feline cystitis – Nutraceuticals
Glucosamine supplement on the defects in the GAG layer
The Glucosamine is a natural compound found in all warm-blooded creatures, it is necessary for the production of an important family of macromolecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAG).
- It acts on the cartilage, reduces inflammation and pain, is used with success in arthrosis and arthritis.
- In idiopathic cystitis, because it considers that there is a defect in the structure of GAGs, glucosamine helps to rebuild the structure.
Not all glucosamine are equal, they are derived from shellfish and almost all come from China
- Glucosamine HCL contains about 80%
- Glucosamine sulfate contains about 60%
If you want to supplement with glucosamine you should know that:
- It can increase insulin resistance
- If taken in high doses can cause mild gastrointestinal disorders
In the market there are few supplements GAG with the right features!
Instead GAG, the treatment has been shown to be useful in some cats
It is a simple sugar (a monosaccharide), which is excreted unchanged in the urine. Its use prevents the adhesion of bacteria (E. coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Salmonella) to the bladder wall.
Cranberry D-Mannose Antioxidant, Urinary Tract Support for Dogs and Cats ➡ More info
- HIGHEST-RATED CRANBERRY D-MANNOSE ANTIOXIDANT, URINARY TRACT SUPPORT FOR DOGS AND CATS: 365-day guarantee – if you are not happy with our Cranberry D-Mannose Antioxidant, Urinary Tract Support for Dogs and Cats, simply contact us for a full refund.
- MOST EFFECTIVE URINARY TRACT SUPPORT for dogs and cats with U.T.I., helps deal with flea infestation and protects your pet from future occurrences of both. Get your dog or cat off of drugs and medicines, relieve their suffering and let them heal naturally and live pain-free with our cranberry extract for dogs and cats.
- NATURAL SOLUTION FOR URINARY TRACT CARE FOR DOGS AND CATS: Nutrition Strength’s Cranberry D-Mannose Antioxidant, Urinary Tract Support for Dogs and Cats is made of the highest quality natural, FDA approved ingredients. Our dietary supplement supports and maintains your pet’s urinary tract function.
- IDEAL FOR PETS OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES: Nutrition Strength’s Cranberry D-Mannose Antioxidant, Urinary Tract Support for Dogs and Cats is designed for pets of any breed and size. Your four-legged friends will love taking our tasty chewable supplement daily. It will help keep your pets healthy and happy!
NaturPet Urinary Care | 100% Natural Urinary ➡ More info
- DEALS WITH BLADDER & KIDNEY INFECTIONS quickly and thoroughly. Reduce bacteria and flush out toxins
- SOOTHES UTI PAIN & INFLAMMATION in the mucous membranes of the urinary tract in dogs and cats
Copyright (c) Elicats.it – All rights reserved. Prohibited the partial copy. *We may receive compensation for links to products on this website