MSM cat dog Glucosamine and Chondroitin are used since over 20 years in veterinary medicine to treat osteoarthritis and arthritis in dogs and cats.
Uses of glucosamine and chondroitin
Where can we find glucosamine and chondroitin
Glucosamine and chondroitin are substances found in the body of all living beings, the highest concentration is found in cartilage.
- Chondroitin is derived from bovine cartilage, it is one of the products needed for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans
- Glucosamine is obtained from the shells of crustaceans and provides the basisto synthesize new cartilage
Side effects are very few, sometimes some animals may have vomitus and mild diarrhea, these symptoms can be reduced by integrating them with food
Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM in the cat and the dog
Not all products are the same, it is necessary to check:
- Ingredients pureness
- Glucosamine and chondroit in concentration levels
- Dosage difference
- Vitamins and minerals addition
Differentiation between glucosamine (HCL) and glucosamine sulfate
- Glucosamine HCL contains about 80%
- Glucosamine sulfate contains about 60%
If you want to supplement with glucosamine you should know that:
- It can increase insulin resistance
- If taken at very high doses can cause slight gastrointestinal disorders
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) supplement for dogs and cats
MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is a compound of natural sulfur foundin green vegetables, milk, fish and cereals, it is marketed as a food supplement and sold as a chemical compound derived from DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide). Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is found in the tissues of all living organisms and in many vegetable and animal foods, it is present in more than 150 types of corporal compounds.
Similarly to glucosamine and chondroitin, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) provides the raw materials needed by the body.
- Pain control for arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Condroprotector activities, stimulates articular cartilage, it is used in synergy with glucosamine and chondroitin
- Joints inflammation
- Tenosynovitis in dogs
- Hip dysplasia in dogs
- Adjust the gastrointestinal functions
- Gastritis, ulcers, gastric dilatation-torsion
- Liver detox
- Parasitic infections such as giardia
- Reduces GERD
- Strengthens the immune system
The methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is ranked as one of the least toxic substances in biology and medicine, comparable to water!
THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS TO BE USED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CONTENT IS IN NO CASE TO BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR ADVICE FROM VETERINARIANS, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE RELIED UPON BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR PURPOSES OF MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT . IN NO CASE CAN BE USED AS A PRESCRIPTION OF A TREATMENT OR REPLACE A SPECIALIST EXAMINATION OR THE DIRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR VETERINARIAN/DOCTOR