Struvite Bladder Stones in cats Natural Treatment in this article we will talk about kidney stones composed of magnesium, ammonium and phosphate, are formed due to a urinary pH too high PH> 7 and when the urine is very concentrated, cause inflammation of the bladder, blood in urine, painful urination ; in extreme cases can cause a urinary blockage .
Struvite cat – Where are formed
- renal bascinet
Struvite cat – Symptoms
- Blood in the urine
- Urinating frequently with little or no urine produced
- Urinating outside the litter box or in unusual places
- abdominal swelling
- Increased thirst
- lack of appetite
- He retched
Struvite cat – Dietary Treatment
The struvite stones can be dissolved by feeding the cat with specific diets, commercially different commercial brands that act by dissolving the crystals of struvite in the cat, know that this solution does not cure or definitive, it is important to note that the formation of struvite crystals in cats it is exclusively associated with the power supply that causes the production of acidic urine or alkaline , it is not, however, correlated with pet-food containing high levels of magnesium . (Tarttelin, MF (1987). Feline struvite urolithiasis: Factors Affecting pH urine may be more important than magnesium levels in food. The Veterinary Record, 121 (10), 227-230.)
When cats to feed hunt their prey or when they consume food prepared at home the formation of struvite stones is very rare.
The food, the food directly affect PH URINE.
Struvite cat – Privacy Home Care
- Check the weight of the cat, the overweight and obesity increase the likelihood of recurrence.
- Encourage your cat to drink, the bowls should be placed in every room if possible, the useful water fountain .
- Avoid any source of stress, stress weakens the immune system of the cat.
- Feed the cat with only wet food, dry food should be eliminated altogether.
- Where possible take protein diet, eliminating grains and carbohydrates
- Offer small, frequent meals
Struvite Bladder Stones in cats Natural Treatment
THE CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS TO BE USED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CONTENT IS IN NO CASE TO BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR ADVICE FROM VETERINARIANS, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE RELIED UPON BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR PURPOSES OF MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT . IN NO CASE CAN BE USED AS A PRESCRIPTION OF A TREATMENT OR REPLACE A SPECIALIST EXAMINATION OR THE DIRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR VETERINARIAN/DOCTOR